The best
thing about having my personal space, which hall and travelling alone give me,
is the freedom to do anything I want any time I feel like it. So right now I’m
in Ciampino Airport, a budget airport in Rome, 6 hours early for my flight. It
sucks because wifi is chargeable and expensive. But then it allows me to stay
disconnected from the rest of the cyberworld, which is very inconvenient but
something I actually don’t mind escaping from. No pressure to answer Whatsapp
messages, no need to follow conversations, no stalking people haha. Perhaps
when it gets a little boring I’ll watch Modern Family on my com. Perhaps when
my laptop’s juice runs low I’ll find a power point. And perhaps when I wake up
from my nap I’ll move out of this toilet cubicle I’m in right now.
Yes, being
alone, there’s no one to judge me (until now when you read this). Found the
toilets big, clean, FREE and empty (so rare man). So here am I now, my luggage
on my right, my com on the baby seat rest (an ideal table), my coat on the hanger
and my butt on the bowl. Perfect. May sound disgusting but I think I’ll take a
short nap soon since this is probably the safest place – locked in a cubicle
teehee. I could actually just not wear my bottoms and pee whenever my bladder
feels like it but that’s taking laziness/ convenience to a whole new level and
I think I’m not ready for that yet. The only gripe I have is that the toilet
bowl flush system goes off every minute it’s kinda noisy L
On a side
note, I’m wearing 7 tops and 2 jeans because my luggage has probably exceeded
the 10kg limit. I look like a blob lolz
thank goodness the weather is quite cold or I’ll be sweating like a mad
dog. Ok i’ll rest now so that I won’t miss my flight. I’ll probably have an
Italy post coming up; the past 10 days with Samuel and Zhai were fun and
eventful but the crazy amount of walking we did has left my body aching and
sore.
Labels: #exchangeineurope
